Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Simply Sunday:Sew Fabulous Challenge

I made this card for KAndrews Simply Sunday: Sew Fabulous Challenge
 Head on over to the link to view the challenge. it ends on May 14th. here is what I made:





I used Nifty Fifties Cartridge for the following:
Dress stand cut at 4"
Dress cut at 3" (this was a mistake I used my gypsy and didn't have the same measurements for the dress and dress stand but didn't want to recut everything)
Sewing machine cut at 1.5"
Plantin Schoolbook cartridge for the words cut at 1"
I used paper from Michael's recollection collection
ribbon from the dollar store
Cuttlebug for embossing the blue back ground
white gel pen for the stitching around the edges
Frosted lace stickles on the dress


6 comments:

  1. Love the card, and the colors that you used. Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs,
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is Sew cute. Love the colors
    Thanks for playing along on our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky
    Hugs
    Brenda DTM
    Http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love the embossing on it - and the fact that the little swatch and thread match the dress!
    Thanks so much for taking part in the Sew Fabulous challenge at Getting Cricky!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    Guest designer at Getting Cricky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your site by browsing around and I`m glad I landed here. I appreciate your being straight up about your faith, all over your site. Great job on the cakes and cupcakes, too! I`ll visit again.

    Grace
    gracenotes4today.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, and think it's perfect!! That dress is adorable--wish it would fit me! hahah1 sooooo cute girl!!

    Thank you so much for playing along in my challenge at Getting Cricky!

    big cricky hugs,
    kristal of getting cricky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is "sew cute"! I absolutely love it and the embossing is fabulous! I need to make one like this for my mom who loves to sew. Thanks so much for posting my giveaway on your sidebar and have a great evening :)

    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete