Sunday, July 3, 2011

Canada Day Layout

I hope everyone is having a good long weekend and a safe one!! Where I live we celebrate Canada Day (July 1). Tara over at Homemade Happiness hosted a Canada Day Blog Hop and asked that we make something and link it back to her blog. I wanted to do a layout but I wanted to do something different on it. I look up on the computer different inventions that originated in Canada and decided to cut them out using my cricut and have them on my layout.


What I Used:
Everyday Paper Dolls: Girl 5", hockey net 2.5",hockey stick 3.5",basketball 3.5",football post 2"
Create A Critter: beaver  1.3",wagon 1.7"
Niftey Fifties: telephine 2", t.v 2", bowling pin and ball 2"
background paper is from Michaels, canada on the wagon is cut from a braclet from the dollar store came with the flag the girl is holding. I used a white gel pen to write EH? on her dress and add some detail to the dress. I used Peachykeen stamp set Happy Lashes with black in ink from the dollar store.
I cut out two pieces of white card stock and 4 pieces of red card stock to make the side-ways Canada flags that my daughters pictures will go in.

Television-Reginald A Fessenden 1927
Telephone-Alexander Graham Bell 1876
Basketball-James Naismith 1892
5 Pin Bowling-Thomas E Ryan 1909
Football Goal Post- Jim Trimble 1965
Ice Hockey -1850's by British Soldiers in Nova Scotia than in 1879 McGill university in Montreal framed formal rules

These are just some of the things I found that were invented in Canada that I was able to cut out. I am proud to be a Canadian!!!! You have until July 7th to link your Canada Day themed projects to Tara's blog, just follow the link above. Have a great rest of the weekend and Happy Early 4th of July to my American Followers!!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a layout! I am super impressed you were able to find so many Canadian inventions! Thank you so much for linking up to our Canada Day blog hop and hope you are having a wonderful long weekend :)
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. I did not know we had so many inventions from Canada. Thanks for linking it up to our Canada Day blog hop. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a super layout!!!! Wow great idea!!!!!What a wonderful tribute to Canada!!!Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea for a layout! My ds just did a project on Canadian inventions. I will have to show him this.

    Thank you for hopping and creating this fab layout to link!

    ReplyDelete