Friday, July 29, 2011

Card using My Creative Time Stamps and A Music Video

Good morning everyone. The wake and the funeral for my grandmother went well. It wasn't a sad occasion, it was a celebration of her life. We know where she is and we are happy for her. It's bitter sweet. The night I got the message from my mom that she had passed, I was laying in bed with my 3 year old daughter. When I told her that Grandma D had passed away and was in Heaven with Jesus just had a big smile on her face and started bouncing up and down saying YAYAYA!! My first reaction was "No that's not a good thing" but as soon as the words came out of mouth I knew I was wrong and my daughter was right. Grandma D is in Heaven with Jesus celebrating her home coming. The song that came to me was "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me. Grandma D doesn't have to imagine what it will be like when The Lord takes her home.
Here is the video




On to the card that I made. I made this card when she was in the hospital.



What I Used:
4x5 1/2 inch piece of paper and embossed it using a butterfly folder from the Once Upon A princess cuttlebug  cricut companions. I then embossed another piece of paper in the same colour with the same folder. I cut out the three butterflies from the paper and added stickles "crystal". I took a lighter green piece of paper and stamped the sentiment on it. Sentiment and frame are from My Creative Time: Inspiring Words and Inspiring Words (Accents). I used black ink from the dollar store.

I believe the sentiment to be true. God knows how much we can handle and knows that He will be there with us to help us through the hard times in live. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I hope you watch the music video.

Thanks Kristan

Have A Blessed Day!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, what lovely words today I read here :) Thank you for sharing and your card is really beautiful and so elegant, love it. Thank you also for hopping by today and for following me. I'd love to follow you too. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely amazing. I love the sentiments also. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful, Kristan! I love that embossing folder- that is one I haven't seen before. Great idea cutting out the butterflies for added dimension. Fabulous!

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete