Friday, October 14, 2011

Foil Card Using K Andrew Stamps

Good morning!! Today is a cold,wet windy day here complete opposite of what it was like last Friday. I miss summer already! Today I have a card to share with you that I made using K Andrew Stamps- Food for Thought (click on the link to buy them). I knew when I saw this sentiment that it would work perfect with embossing on aluminium foil.




What I used:

Aluminum Foil
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Retro Kitchen, 1950's Kitchen
Martha Stewart Ribbon
Corner Punch (photo corner punch)
Card Stock ( don't know where from)
K Andrew Stamps: Food For Thought

Ok so I don't measure my cardstock when I am making a card so I have no idea what size this is. I took the foil and embossed it using the cuttlebug I then adhered it to my double sided cardstock.  I then took a piece of dark pink card stock and added a strip of the left over piece of base card stock, to blend the two together I added the ribbon. I then stamped the sentiment onto lighter pink card stock and added the corner pieces. I adhered this to the card. One thing with foil is that it rips very easily so you have to be very gentle when handling it, if it does rip like it did for me then you just add the layers to cover it up!! Foil is also very hard to take pictures of but it looks really cool in person. I hope this gives you some inspiration when using Kristal's stamps and if you don't own them then I suggest you head over to her store and stock up on them. She donates at least $1 for every set she sells to different charities, the set I used the money goes to Storefront Shelter for Homeless Children and the set I used yesterday (Coffee and Tea for you and Me) the money goes to Wayside House For Women. I love buying her stamps knowing that I am not only helping Kristal support herself and her two boys but I am also helping kids, abused women and other charities.

Have A Great Day

God Bless

Kristan

9 comments:

  1. Wow, the foil really looks great on your card. Very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card idea. I haven't used this set on anything yet. Love the idea and you know that I love Kristal's stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card!!! I love that foil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love your project. I purchased these foil type products a couple of years ago, and have yet to try them out. I should make use of them. Thank U for the inspiration! God Bless!! Aloha, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!! The embossed foil looks amazing - and really IS perfect with the sentiment!
    As for the E2, I think I'll wait for now. There is nothing wrong with my E so I really can't justify the purchase of a new one when I'm making tuition payments... It's still on my list of wants though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SUCH a cool idea! I've never thought of embossing regular kitchen foil before!!! Super awesome!!

    I wanted to stop by and say thanks for your sweet words on my blog during the Fall Favorites blog hop last weekend. You ROCK!!! And I'm a follower of your now too!

    Amy E.
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card, Kristan!! I love the look of embossing on foil!! And the sentiment is just perfect! Awesome card :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on this card!! I love how the sentiment goes with your materials!!

    Ildi-The Craftin Mama
    www.thecraftinmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete