Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sassy Studio Designs Challenge

Good afternoon!! It's been over a week since I have posted anything and it has also been over a week since I have been in my craft room!! Well I have been in the craft room making things for the daycare kids lessons but no cards:( My mom and I have started a lesson plan for each week now that the kids we look after are older. We are teaching them their alphabet, numbers, colours and shapes. I have been cutting things out for that but today I decided to make a card for the Dare To Be Sassy Thursday Challenge. It is a sketch and here is what it looks like:

Note: I flipped the sketch on it's side so that it was easier for me to follow!!


What I Used:
Sassy Studio Designs: Magazine Margie
Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils
Prismacolor Colorless Blender
Martha Stewart Border Punch: Arch Lattice
K Andrew Designs Art Stamps: Winged Things
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Gems

The image was a  Friday freebie. They post a new one every Friday and you have 24 hours to get it. I have been playing around with the freebies just to get use to colouring in people. I thought this one was a good image to try as I have been doing alot reading lately (Karen Kingbury). You have until July 18th to link up your card.

Hope you all are having a great summer!!

Summer vacation starts for me in less then 2 weeks!!!!

God Bless!

Kristan

10 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Kristan!! I love how you flipped the sketch!! The image is absolutely adorable!! Love the colors!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!!! Love the layback relaxing look of the image. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super job. I see you like Karen Kinsbury. Have you tried Dee Henderson? She is a great mystery writer! I highly recommend her.

    Cheri
    DJ's Sundries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cheri, I just started ready Karen Kinsbury (my mom has most of her books) i still have alot more to read!! I have never heard of Dee henderson, i just looked her up on the christian book site where I order my books and her books look interesting, I will have to keep her in mind when i am done with Karen's books!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you see you were a winner over at My Craft Spot? Congrats my friend!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chriss I did see that thank you! wow no electricity for days, I would go crazy!!
      Kristan

      Delete
  6. You did a lovely job coloring her, and I love the DP you used in the background!
    Thank you for joining us in this weeks challenge over at Sassy Studio Designs! Good Luck on the draw!
    Ruza - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Love your fun papers and that wonderful border punch. Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Studio Designs!

    xx Star (SSD DT)

    ReplyDelete