Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sister's Birthday Card/Science Centre

Good Morning!! Well I have had the last week off of work but unfortunately I have been sick most of the time. I came down with a sore throat and sinus pain but I believe I am at the tail end of it. I made the best of our holidays and I still have three days left until we start babysitting again!! While on holidays the baby in the family celebrated her 19th birthday!! Since I have given her the card I can now post it.



What I Used:
My Pink Stamper : Sweetest Cupcake
Martha Stewart Punch: Classic Butterfly
Spellbinders Nestabilities: Labels eight
Ek Success Corner Rounder
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Stickles: Diamonds
Ribbon
Gems

I used two of my sister's favourite things on this card, purple and butterflies! we spent her birthday at the Ontario Science Centre and learned some really cool things especially cool ways to use bubbles.



Who knew that all you needed was water, dish soap, glycerin and your hands to make bubbles!! Below is the recipe to make these yourself.


I have found a YouTube Video that show how to do it (note he just uses water and dish soap in the video)

Bubble Blowing With Your Hand

Here is another link that will shows you how to do the second picture

Bubble Blowing Tricks


We are going to try this with the daycare kids this coming week!!

On a funny note, we asked my daughter what her favourite part of the Science Centre was and this was her response "the bathroom". One of the bathrooms had two toilets, an adult size and a little kiddy one, as well as a small sink and a small mirror. My daughter thought this was the greatest thing!! Pay all that money and the highlight for her was the bathroom!! LOL

Have A Great Day!!

God Bless!

Kristan

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card for your sister, Kristan!! I love the beautiful butterflies and the inking around the label!! And LOL your daughter!! How adorable!! Happy Saturday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kristin. I really like the purple AND the butterflies. Super job!

    Cheri
    DJ's Sundries
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you have been sick. I'm glad you're feeling better.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just TOO funny about your daughter's highlight!! I'm so glad you could have a good time celebrating your sister's birthday - and that you were feeling well enough to go! I haven't been to the Science Centre in years. I always love it there!
    Your card is fabulous! The layered butterflies are gorgeous! How perfect for your sister!
    Thanks for your comments on my blog! I have accepted a position at Fleming. I am SO thankful to be working so close to home. You know where my house is so you can understand the difference between my drive to Durham College and Fleming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The science centre was very fun even for the adults!! I am so glad that you got a job that is close to home, it will save you time and money!!
      Kristan

      Delete
  5. Hello my sweet friend!! I wanted to stop by and thank you for entering my giveaway and posting it on your FB...I appreciate it so much!! I hope you have a great weekend :)

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristan:) thank you for visiting my bog and taking the time to comment!! yOur card is lovely for your sister and it sounds like you ladies had a fantastic time together!! I hope you will continue to visit as I have monthly Stampin' Up! giveaways. I can't wait to see what you create next:) TFS and have a fantastic day!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kristan! Hope your feeling better:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete