Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge: Psalm 52:10

Good Morning!! Well at least it will be if the rain they are calling for holds off so that we can take the kids to the park!! There is another challenge going on over at Stampin Sisters in Christ. The verse for the challenge is:

"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever." Psalm 52:10

Challenge: Have an image (or die cut) of a tree on your card or project.

What better way to show His love then to send His son to die for us. That is why we celebrate Christmas and why I created a Christmas card for this challenge:


What I used:
Clear Dollar Stamps: PatchPal Reindeer
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Bic Mark It Markers
Spellbinders Nestabilities: Big Scalloped Oval SM
3 Girl JAM: Crinkle Ribbon: Mistletoe
EK Success Corner Rounder

This was my first time using the Bic Mark It Markers and I think next time I will heat emboss the image with black embossing powder so that the marker's don't bleed as the details are so small! If anyone has any suggestions on using these markers I would really appreciate it!! The challenge is opened until October 20 at 11:59p.m

Have A Great Day!

God Bless!!

Kristan

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kristan!! I love the background paper, it is lovely... I also like the way you used the crinkled ribbon and that tree is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Kristan!! The tree is so awesome and colored perfectly!! Such a pretty Christmas card :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kristan, love your card - your tree is wonderful - perfect for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge! Thank you for your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great Christmas card! The DP is lovely and I really like the scalloped ovals. They look great! The tree is adorable too! Thanks for joining us at SSiC this week.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Christmas card, Kristan! I love the sweet little tree. The colouring looks fabulous to me. I think you're too picky!! (I'm the same way with my creations...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and fun card Kristan. Your coloring is great. TFS.

    Cheri
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete